In addition to incorporating professional-grade components that deliver better image quality and performance over the life of the product, the NEC Multeos line includes a host of PC and AV inputs as well as the ability to be configured with a state-of-the-art ATSC HD tuner. Expanding its use beyond home media/theater applications, the Multeos line also incorporates technology designed specifically for digital signage and broadcast applications where displaying crystal clear text, graphics, as well as video and broadcast applications is critical.
“Multeos is not only designed for the diverse content choices of today but also for easy adoption to future technology trends,” said Hans Baumann, Senior Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “These new displays bring together best-in-class computing monitor technology with cutting-edge video display technology to deliver an unsurpassed viewing experience no matter the content, input or environment. With a featured expansion slot for functional upgradeability such as a single board computer (SBC), additional input connections or a single antenna interference cancellation (SAIC) input for broadcast, the NEC Multeos gives users peace of mind by providing the flexibility to adapt to the emerging technologies of tomorrow.”
The name for NEC’s new premium line of hybrid, full-HD large-screen LCD displays, Multeos, is derived from the prefix “multi,” meaning many, and the word “Eos,” the Greek goddess of dawn. With the new Multeos brand, NEC carries forward the history and heritage of the company’s renowned MultiSync brand while communicating the dawn of a new era in high performance display technology. Developed by award winning Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa, the industrial design of the Multeos Series features a sleek, simple design that seamlessly adapts to décor-rich interiors.
The Multeos LCD Series currently features the 46-inch, M46 and the 40-inch, M40. Unlike consumer-grade LCD TVs, the Multeos M40 and M46 utilize an all-metal chassis and a proprietary ASIC chip set for superb video and crisp, clear graphics that won’t distort during image scaling. The displays offer full HD 1080p resolution at 1920 x 1080 and a 16:9 aspect ratio, for superior display-quality text and graphics performance.
The new NEC Multeos M40 and M46 include the following features:
• NEC’s exclusive Digital Signage Technology Suite (DSTS) – more than 20 features and functions developed specifically for digital signage
• HDCP – High Digital Content Protection – can be used with future Hi-Def components
• HDMI – High Definition Multimedia Interface – all digital audio/visual interface transmits uncompressed streams
• Selective gamma curves – Auto adjust color scheme for even-looking, true-color pictures with multiple gamma curves designed specifically for different applications
• OSM lockout – Gives users ability to lock out all functions, including power, limiting non-users from adjusting preset adjustments
• Proprietary IR (infrared) codes – prevent unauthorized remotes from controlling the monitor
• TileMatrix™ and TileComp™ capability – creates realistic video walls up to 25 displays (5 x 5 maximum)
• Enhanced AccuColor 6-way color control for improved color matching
• 10-bit Faroudja DCDi chip for a crisp and true picture
• Unique thermostatic cooling features to ensure long life and guarantee exceptional durability
• Color calibration capability – Compatible with NEC’s exclusive SpectraViewII
• GammaComp - allows for preset or customized gamma curves to be displayed
• GammaComp MD Supported – DICOM compliant for medical applications
• Speakers included with AVT models (optional for AV models)
• 24/7 support from NEC Display Solutions
The new Multeos M46 and M40 are available in three configurations:
• The IT version includes VGA, DVI-D and 5-pin BNC connectors
• The AV version includes all the IT features as well as an HDMI component, composite, S-video and audio in/out
• The AVT, audio-visual-with-tuner version builds off of the IT and AV functionality with an ATSC HD tuner and an NTSC standard definition tuner, and has RF inputs that accept HD and SD TV signals
The NEC Multeos products are shipping today:
• NEC Multeos M40 starting at $2,499.99 MSRP
• NEC Multeos M46 starting at $3,499.99 MSRP
• Includes an industry-leading, three-year limited parts and labor warranty, and up to a five-year optional warranty
The new Multeos M40 and M46 displays are RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully disposable plastics and minimal amounts of hazardous materials, such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB.